![]() |
| Postcard sent to prospective clients. |
![]() |
| An example of the monthly email push I sent to visitors. |
The Cape Fear Coast region was one of the state's largest moneymaking tourism industries; back in 2004, domestic travelers spent approximately $328 million but those were mostly business visitors, leaving the CVB thirsty for leisure tourists.
Research showed current advertisements did not speak to today's leisure traveler, mostly female decision-makers who use routines to relieve anxiety and seek low-risk options. I, along with a few colleagues, went on a working road trip and were struck by the childlike wonder of how visitors explored the areas' beaches and hidden treasures. Having myself lived a summer during college in Wilmington, I helped the creative team find lots of places for inspiration. This led to the tagline "Come and Play," and our campaign featured dreamy water-color enhanced photographs portraying nostalgic games like hopscotch, musical chairs and hide and seek.


No comments:
Post a Comment